A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
The cookies we used don’t store any personal data, nor any type of information that can identify the user.
Some types of cookies:
- First party cookies: First party cookies are set by the website, you are visiting and they can only be read by that site.
- Third party cookies: Third party cookies are set by a different organisation to the owner of the website you are visiting. For example, the website might use a third party analytics company who will set their own cookie to perform this service. The website you are visiting may also contain content embedded from, for example YouTube or Flickr, and these sites may set their own cookies.
- Session cookies: Session Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies: This type of cookie is saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and is not deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are used where we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use this type of cookie to store your preferences, so that they are remembered for the next visit.
You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them in the “help” menu in your browser.
The companies that use third party cookies have their own policies regarding the cookies and the data protection. uses third party cookies from the following companies:
- Google – you can find more information about their cookies policy at: http://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Facebook - you can find more information about their cookies policy at: https://es-es.facebook.com/help/cookies
- Twitter - you can find more information about their cookies policy at: https://twitter.com/privacy